Areas of Practice:
- Insolvency and restructuring
- Foreclosures and realization
- Small business and retail collections
Jennifer advises lenders on all aspects of loan and security enforcement, insolvency, and related litigation and risk management. She has extensive expertise in the area of foreclosures, both retail and commercial, having spent much of her career in a high-volume mortgage and loan enforcement practice acting for major banks and credit unions.
Jennifer regularly represents institutional and private lenders in foreclosure and receivership matters. She is particularly skilled at managing complex and contentious recovery proceedings and matters involving loan fraud. Having previously practiced with the insolvency group at a national law firm, Jennifer also has extensive experience assisting creditors, trustees, and other stakeholders in proceedings under the Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act and the Companies’ Creditors Arrangement Act.
Jennifer is based in the lower mainland.
- Law Society of BC
- Canadian Bar Association – Insolvency and Banking subsections
- Risk Management Association
- Association of Women in Finance
Selected Presentations and Publications
- Contributor, LexisNexis Practice Advisor, Insolvency and Restructuring, Debtor-in-Possession Financing (past contributor) and Farm Debt Mediation (current contributor)
- Presenter, “Foreclosures: Key Practice Points for the Solicitor” Continuing Legal Education Society of BC 2019 Residential Real Estate Conference
- Co-presenter, “Technical Update” Canadian Association of Insolvency and Restructuring Professionals 2019 Vancouver Forum
- Commentator, “Panel V- Selected Aspects of Security” 2018 Annual Review of Insolvency Law Conference
- Commentator, “Panel V – Emerging Scholars Panel” 2016 Annual Review of Insolvency Law Conference
- Co-author “Restructuring Canadian Multinationals” Annual Review of Insolvency Law 2015, Carswell