Margot is a founding partner of McMillan Dubo LLP. She practices exclusively for lenders in the area of commercial finance, with a particular emphasis on real estate, aircraft finance and Aboriginal lending. She works for a variety of institutional lenders in all types of transactions and is focused on delivering solutions that meet the specific needs of lenders and their borrowers.
Margot led the commercial finance group of full service law firm with provincial reach before establishing McMillan Dubo.
Margot has extensive experience in complex commercial transactions involving a range of business entities, including limited partnerships, joint ventures, and trusts. She also consults regularly on legislation relating to First Nations land management, taxation, and borrowing.
Margot is also able to provide a broad range of legal services and advice to aviation clients regarding the sale, purchase, and financing of aircraft and all matters relating to the Cape Town Convention and International Registry.
In her free time, Margot enjoys skiing, trail running with her black Lab, and spending time outdoors with her husband and two sons.
- Member, Association of Women in Finance
- Member, Risk Management Association
- Member, Law Society of British Columbia (2005)
- Member, Canadian Bar Association – Aboriginal Law, Aircraft, and Banking Subsections
- Bachelor of Laws (2004), University of British Columbia
- Bachelor of Arts, International Relations (1997), University of British Columbia